Enter your email address:


New Braunfels, TX


Bringing it back to Texas, I've just spent a few nights with my family in New Braunfels TX. It's a place that holds many childhood memories for me, as I grew up with this being the destination of our annual family vacation. We always stay at "The Other Place" which the comal river makes a horshoe bend around the property. Making it easy to float around the resort as long you want, without messing with shuttles and the sort and it is only about a 30 minute ride. The comal is spring fed which helps to keep it a constant 70-72 degrees. You can find out more about the comal and tubing the in the "Hill Country" here. http://www.tubetexas.com/rivers/comal-river.html

There a many attractions my family likes to take in, and one is this estimated 300 hundred year old oak tree.
When I was a kid there was no fence around it, and of course being boys, we would climb this massive tree. They say that Indians may have tied this tree to point in this direction as a signal. I seemed to be drawn to old and historical things and this tree reminds me how brief mans' life span is in the big picture. I will come and go and yet this tree may live on. I would say a must see if you are in New Braunfels.

Happy Trails!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

MyLangit Theme By ArpitNext
Copyright © 2008 Bloggerized by : GosuBlogger | Inspired By Langit : Eches