Enter your email address:


Road Tripping

Ah road trips... where the journey can be as fun as the destination. I just thought I would share a few of my road tripping tips/guidelines/rules.

  1. Safety first. click it or ticket.
  2. The driver picks the music.
  3. Not that I have learned from experience, but fill up with gas before trekking across sparsely populated areas. i.e. Wyoming.
  4. You must stay at the destination longer than the total driving time.
  5. Be kind, roll down the window. (unless all others are sleeping)
  6. I guess you should make sure the vehicle of choice is in good running condition i.e. proper tire pressure and the sort.
  7. Part of the navigator's duties is to help the driver stay awake.
  8. Avoid safety corridors if at all possible
This will be an ongoing list as it seems every roads trip teaches me something new. My last road trip was a one way journey that brought me back to Texas from Montana. I took the scenic route passing through Yellowstone National Park, which had just opened. I came across this.


Now this was a treat! I sat and watched this grizzly feed on something in the grass for about 15 minutes and I would've watched for hours had light permitted. The bear didn't even look my way even though I was only about 70 yards away. It's hard to describe the feeling of being in the presence of an animal such as this. It fills me with awe and wonder and I hope this will not be the last time for this kind of encounter.

So I'm open to suggestions for the road tripping rules, however I do have veto power since this is my blog... Be safe out on there the open road.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

MyLangit Theme By ArpitNext
Copyright © 2008 Bloggerized by : GosuBlogger | Inspired By Langit : Eches